Google Earth accidentally captures live murder in Richmond
Sydney: Google Earth reportedly ended up capturing a real life crime scene with images of a dead body lying near Sandford Avenue in Richmond, California while recording satellite images for its Maps feature.
The Google images shows the body lying next to railroad tracks, with one showing a policeman standing near to it, while another shows a number of unidentified people attending the crime scene.
According to a website, it is unconfirmed what happened to the body, but local news service has described the tracks as `troubled` and a hotspot for hardcore crimes.
Rated the 9th most dangerous city in the US in 2007, the area is known as the `Iron Triangle` and six people have been murdered in the railroad`s vicinity between February and October 2009.
The report said that another image captured by Google appeared like a murder scene, showing a bloodied trail leading to a body lying on jetty in the Netherlands, was actually a simple game of fetch between an owner and his dog, while the trail was simple a path of water left over by the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?