Google Earth accidentally captures live murder in Richmond
Sydney: Google Earth reportedly ended up capturing a real life crime scene with images of a dead body lying near Sandford Avenue in Richmond, California while recording satellite images for its Maps feature.
The Google images shows the body lying next to railroad tracks, with one showing a policeman standing near to it, while another shows a number of unidentified people attending the crime scene.
According to a website, it is unconfirmed what happened to the body, but local news service has described the tracks as `troubled` and a hotspot for hardcore crimes.
Rated the 9th most dangerous city in the US in 2007, the area is known as the `Iron Triangle` and six people have been murdered in the railroad`s vicinity between February and October 2009.
The report said that another image captured by Google appeared like a murder scene, showing a bloodied trail leading to a body lying on jetty in the Netherlands, was actually a simple game of fetch between an owner and his dog, while the trail was simple a path of water left over by the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed