Google enlists students to explore filmmaking through Glass
Washington: Google has reportedly enlisted students from five colleges to explore the potential of its wearable computer device Google Glass in making movies.
According to a news website, the search giant has enlisted students from American Film Institute, California Institute of the Arts, Rhode Island School of Design, University of California, Los Angeles, and University of Southern California for the new experiment.
Google intends to analyse how the device can be used for documentary filmmaking , character development, location-based storytelling and `things the developers haven`t yet considered.`
A professor at the USC School of Cinematic Arts, Norman Hollyn said that students will be encouraged to use Glass to tell stories incorporating the first-person point of view and also try to use Glass`s data overlays as a way of revealing elements of a story.
The report added that the 1,000 dollars device which allows for users to shoot `720p` high-definition quality by issuing voice or touch commands is expected to churn out at least two short films by the beginning of next year through the new experiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?