Google enlists students to explore filmmaking through Glass
Washington: Google has reportedly enlisted students from five colleges to explore the potential of its wearable computer device Google Glass in making movies.
According to a news website, the search giant has enlisted students from American Film Institute, California Institute of the Arts, Rhode Island School of Design, University of California, Los Angeles, and University of Southern California for the new experiment.
Google intends to analyse how the device can be used for documentary filmmaking , character development, location-based storytelling and `things the developers haven`t yet considered.`
A professor at the USC School of Cinematic Arts, Norman Hollyn said that students will be encouraged to use Glass to tell stories incorporating the first-person point of view and also try to use Glass`s data overlays as a way of revealing elements of a story.
The report added that the 1,000 dollars device which allows for users to shoot `720p` high-definition quality by issuing voice or touch commands is expected to churn out at least two short films by the beginning of next year through the new experiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand