Google gives Hangouts iOS app WhatsApp-like makeover
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its Hangouts app for iOS, which looks strikingly similar to rival apps Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.
The updated app includes tabs at the bottom of the screen with categories like Hangouts, Favorites, and Contacts, akin to the rival messaging apps.
According to Mashable, the new version also includes features like sending videos, stickers and location within a conversation, which was earlier not possible.
The new Hangouts app has been also optimized for iPad and includes two panes, allowing users to chat on one side of the screen while scrolling through their contacts or existing Hangouts on the other.
The report said that the latest change to Google`s Hangout reflects the heightened expectation that mobile users have regarding their messaging apps, especially in light of the recent multi billion-dollar purchase of WhatsApp by Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever