Google Glass deemed harmful for kids under 13
London: Google has claimed that children under 13 shouldn`t wear Google Glass, the company`s upcoming futuristic internet glasses.
The web portal`s site says: "Don`t let children under 13 use Glass as it could harm developing vision."
The smart specs use voice control and let the wearer do things like take photos, make video calls and even look at websites.
The wearable computers , which are expected to go on sale in 2014, are currently being tested on a group of 1,000 people.
The website also says: "Glass isn`t for everyone. Like when wearing glasses, some people may feel eyestrain or get a headache.
"Kids might break Glass or hurt themselves, and Google`s terms of service don`t permit those under 13 to register a Google account," it reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional