Google Glass deemed harmful for kids under 13
London: Google has claimed that children under 13 shouldn`t wear Google Glass, the company`s upcoming futuristic internet glasses.
The web portal`s site says: "Don`t let children under 13 use Glass as it could harm developing vision."
The smart specs use voice control and let the wearer do things like take photos, make video calls and even look at websites.
The wearable computers , which are expected to go on sale in 2014, are currently being tested on a group of 1,000 people.
The website also says: "Glass isn`t for everyone. Like when wearing glasses, some people may feel eyestrain or get a headache.
"Kids might break Glass or hurt themselves, and Google`s terms of service don`t permit those under 13 to register a Google account," it reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal