Google+, Gmail went down worldwide while reliability team was taking questions
Washington: Google`s Gmail service and social network Google+ reportedly faced a worldwide outage following a technical error that was fixed in roughly 50 minutes.
The two services went down at the same time when the site`s engineers responsible for keeping it alive 24x7 sat down to answer questions on Reddit`s AMA.
According to Tech Crunch, only four members of the reliability team took part in the AMA session (Ask Me Anything) and weirdly the servers went down the same time with users wondering if Google employed only a handful of experts to manage the site`s many millions of servers.
Despite the humour element in the entire episode of perfect or rather imperfect timings of the glitch and the AMA session, the Gmail service and Google+ were restored in a short time.
The widespread outage affected users in Europe, the US, Canada and India, who reported seeing 500 code problem, indicating it to be a temporary glitch.
The report said that the Google+ outage also affected YouTube comments under the new system, as well as Hangouts across the web and mobile.
Meanwhile, Google`s Apps Status Dashboard called it a "disruption" in its Gmail service and promised `more information shortly` and after approximately 20 minutes the service briefly came back online for most users, but then went down again before being restored fully in just under an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price