Google incites `adult` bloggers fury with letter threatening to delete their blogs
London: Google is struggling to reassure people running `adult` blogs on its Blogger network that it will not delete their blogs.
The move from the search giant comes after it sent out a letter this week to thousands of blog owners threatening to delete their blogs from Monday.
According to the Guardian, the move has led to high-profile people leaving the network, including Zoe Margolis, author of the female erotic memoir `Girl With A One-Track Mind`.
Margolis said she is exporting her entire blog to a separate domain in case Google wipes it without warning.
The letter was apparently sent out earlier this week to crackdown on pornographic advertising on its Blogger network.
In the letter, Google said it will `prohibit the monetisation of Adult content on Blogger. After June 30th 2013, we will be enforcing this policy and will remove blogs which are adult in nature and are displaying advertisements to adult websites`.
But the ambiguous nature of the first sentence, which implied that any `adult` blog on Blogger that takes advertising will be wiped, has outraged and infuriated free speech campaigners, the report said.
Google said it does not intend to delete sites simply because they host pornographic material.
The company has declined to explain the reasons for the move, or to say how many blogs, or what proportion of Blogger sites, would be affected, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing