Google Labs shutting down
San Francisco: Google said it is shutting down its Labs website for creations-in-progress in order to better focus its resources and energy.
Google Labs was an online playground where people could dabble with early versions of new services or products being worked on by engineers at the Internet powerhouse.
Pulling the plug on Labs is part of a strategy by Googlechief executive Larry Page to "put more wood in fewer arrows" by prioritizing projects at the California-based company.
"While we`ve learned a huge amount by launching very early prototypes in Labs, we believe that greater focus is crucial if we`re to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead," research and systems infrastructure
senior vice president Bill Coughran said in a blog post.
Some Labs experiments will be incorporated into Googleproducts or remain available as applications for devices running on Android software, according to Coughran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state