Google Labs shutting down
San Francisco: Google said it is shutting down its Labs website for creations-in-progress in order to better focus its resources and energy.
Google Labs was an online playground where people could dabble with early versions of new services or products being worked on by engineers at the Internet powerhouse.
Pulling the plug on Labs is part of a strategy by Googlechief executive Larry Page to "put more wood in fewer arrows" by prioritizing projects at the California-based company.
"While we`ve learned a huge amount by launching very early prototypes in Labs, we believe that greater focus is crucial if we`re to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead," research and systems infrastructure
senior vice president Bill Coughran said in a blog post.
Some Labs experiments will be incorporated into Googleproducts or remain available as applications for devices running on Android software, according to Coughran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal