Google Labs shutting down
San Francisco: Google said it is shutting down its Labs website for creations-in-progress in order to better focus its resources and energy.
Google Labs was an online playground where people could dabble with early versions of new services or products being worked on by engineers at the Internet powerhouse.
Pulling the plug on Labs is part of a strategy by Googlechief executive Larry Page to "put more wood in fewer arrows" by prioritizing projects at the California-based company.
"While we`ve learned a huge amount by launching very early prototypes in Labs, we believe that greater focus is crucial if we`re to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead," research and systems infrastructure
senior vice president Bill Coughran said in a blog post.
Some Labs experiments will be incorporated into Googleproducts or remain available as applications for devices running on Android software, according to Coughran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh