Google Labs shutting down
San Francisco: Google said it is shutting down its Labs website for creations-in-progress in order to better focus its resources and energy.
Google Labs was an online playground where people could dabble with early versions of new services or products being worked on by engineers at the Internet powerhouse.
Pulling the plug on Labs is part of a strategy by Googlechief executive Larry Page to "put more wood in fewer arrows" by prioritizing projects at the California-based company.
"While we`ve learned a huge amount by launching very early prototypes in Labs, we believe that greater focus is crucial if we`re to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead," research and systems infrastructure
senior vice president Bill Coughran said in a blog post.
Some Labs experiments will be incorporated into Googleproducts or remain available as applications for devices running on Android software, according to Coughran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!