Google Labs shutting down
San Francisco: Google said it is shutting down its Labs website for creations-in-progress in order to better focus its resources and energy.
Google Labs was an online playground where people could dabble with early versions of new services or products being worked on by engineers at the Internet powerhouse.
Pulling the plug on Labs is part of a strategy by Googlechief executive Larry Page to "put more wood in fewer arrows" by prioritizing projects at the California-based company.
"While we`ve learned a huge amount by launching very early prototypes in Labs, we believe that greater focus is crucial if we`re to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead," research and systems infrastructure
senior vice president Bill Coughran said in a blog post.
Some Labs experiments will be incorporated into Googleproducts or remain available as applications for devices running on Android software, according to Coughran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress