Google launches 100 times faster Internet service
Washington: Google has unveiled a new Internet service that is 100 times faster than the average ISP connection currently available, enabling users to download high-def feature films in under a minute.
Google Fiber may banish buffering if it travels as quickly as reports claim. The blue streak enables users to download high-definition feature-length films in under a minute.
According to the New York Daily News, Google Fiber is only available in the Kansas City area, where a fiber optic cable network has been set up like telephone lines.
Along with the apparent speed, Google Fiber is relatively affordable. A subscription is only USD 70 per month.
Subscribers receive a complimentary Nexus 7 tablet, which doubles as the television`s remote control, the report said.
Certain features are reportedly missing at this early stage, such as YouTube integration or HBO, but overall Google Fiber offers such a convenient entertainment experience that it could revolutionise the industry, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city