Google launches 100 times faster Internet service
Washington: Google has unveiled a new Internet service that is 100 times faster than the average ISP connection currently available, enabling users to download high-def feature films in under a minute.
Google Fiber may banish buffering if it travels as quickly as reports claim. The blue streak enables users to download high-definition feature-length films in under a minute.
According to the New York Daily News, Google Fiber is only available in the Kansas City area, where a fiber optic cable network has been set up like telephone lines.
Along with the apparent speed, Google Fiber is relatively affordable. A subscription is only USD 70 per month.
Subscribers receive a complimentary Nexus 7 tablet, which doubles as the television`s remote control, the report said.
Certain features are reportedly missing at this early stage, such as YouTube integration or HBO, but overall Google Fiber offers such a convenient entertainment experience that it could revolutionise the industry, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands