Google launches 100 times faster Internet service
Washington: Google has unveiled a new Internet service that is 100 times faster than the average ISP connection currently available, enabling users to download high-def feature films in under a minute.
Google Fiber may banish buffering if it travels as quickly as reports claim. The blue streak enables users to download high-definition feature-length films in under a minute.
According to the New York Daily News, Google Fiber is only available in the Kansas City area, where a fiber optic cable network has been set up like telephone lines.
Along with the apparent speed, Google Fiber is relatively affordable. A subscription is only USD 70 per month.
Subscribers receive a complimentary Nexus 7 tablet, which doubles as the television`s remote control, the report said.
Certain features are reportedly missing at this early stage, such as YouTube integration or HBO, but overall Google Fiber offers such a convenient entertainment experience that it could revolutionise the industry, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray