Google launches application to type in 14 languages
Bangalore: Google today launched its
Transliteration IME, a desktop application that allows users
to type in 14 languages using a Roman keyboard with or without
an Internet connection.
"Users type the word the way it sounds using Latin
characters and Google Transliteration IME will convert the
word to its native script," the Internet search engine said in
Google`s Transliteration IME is available as a free
download. It was conceived and developed in India at the
company`s R&D Centre here and is currently available in 14
languages -- Arabic, Bengali, Farsi (Persian), Greek,
Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Punjabi,
Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
The Google Transliteration IME currently supports Windows
"Our IME enables Indian users whether they are
businesses, students, or teachers to create content and
communicate effectively in their local language," Google India
Senior Product Manager Rahul Roy Chowdhury said.
Google Transliteration is also available on gmail, orkut,
Blogger and Knol.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know