Google launches Google Shopping Express
Washington: Google has launched a new service, calling for San Francisco Bay Area residents to sign up for six months of free, unlimited same-day delivery of purchases from national and local retailers.
The company is calling the programme `a new experiment`, and named it the Google Shopping Express.
According to Fox News, users can browse in an online storefront and then select a delivery window for a `Google courier partner` to arrive at their home later that day.
Google`s same-day delivery is looked at as a sort of holy grail for online retail, since it can bring near-instant gratification to shoppers, the report said.
Users who sign up for Shopping Express are told they may be selected through a gradual rollout `over the coming months`.
Participating retailers include national brands like Target and Walgreens and local brands like Blue Bottle Coffee and Palo Alto Sport Shop and Toy World, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs