Google launches Google Shopping Express
Washington: Google has launched a new service, calling for San Francisco Bay Area residents to sign up for six months of free, unlimited same-day delivery of purchases from national and local retailers.
The company is calling the programme `a new experiment`, and named it the Google Shopping Express.
According to Fox News, users can browse in an online storefront and then select a delivery window for a `Google courier partner` to arrive at their home later that day.
Google`s same-day delivery is looked at as a sort of holy grail for online retail, since it can bring near-instant gratification to shoppers, the report said.
Users who sign up for Shopping Express are told they may be selected through a gradual rollout `over the coming months`.
Participating retailers include national brands like Target and Walgreens and local brands like Blue Bottle Coffee and Palo Alto Sport Shop and Toy World, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report