Google launches Google Shopping Express
Washington: Google has launched a new service, calling for San Francisco Bay Area residents to sign up for six months of free, unlimited same-day delivery of purchases from national and local retailers.
The company is calling the programme `a new experiment`, and named it the Google Shopping Express.
According to Fox News, users can browse in an online storefront and then select a delivery window for a `Google courier partner` to arrive at their home later that day.
Google`s same-day delivery is looked at as a sort of holy grail for online retail, since it can bring near-instant gratification to shoppers, the report said.
Users who sign up for Shopping Express are told they may be selected through a gradual rollout `over the coming months`.
Participating retailers include national brands like Target and Walgreens and local brands like Blue Bottle Coffee and Palo Alto Sport Shop and Toy World, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!