Google launches music-streaming service
Sydney: Search engine giant Google has reportedly launched its unlimited music streaming service in Australia following outcry over paltry internet royalties being paid to emerging artists.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, `Google Play Music All` Access allows customers to stream millions of songs, generate personalised, advertisement-free radio streams and upload private music collections to a single location.
The service is offered for a 30-day trial and later users are charged 9.99 dollars a month for subscribing in the first 45 days and 11.99 dollars a month for late subscribers.
Google Play`s Ruuben van den Heuvel said that the service would have an Australian slant, giving prominence to local bands, including emerging artists and independent labels .
The report said that the service has been launched amid growing scrutiny of the business models employed by digital music retailers, especially streaming services, both of which have rocketed in popularity as physical album sales continue to fall.
Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke, Cracker singer David Lowery, Four Tet musician Kieran Hebden and Pink Floyd have all recently accused streaming sites of underpaying musicians, especially those just starting out, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price