Google lights a candle in memory of Delhi braveheart
New Delhi: In a moving gesture, Google India placed a vigil candle below its search box on homepage as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, who succumbed to her injuries at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore at 2.15 am IST on December 29.
On moving the cursor over the candle, the text appears which reads, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Unlike the usual Google doodles seen in place of Google logo, the candle has been placed right below the search box as an honour to the braveheart and her family.
The young physiotherapy intern lost her battle 13 days after she was brutally tortured and raped by six men in a moving bus on December 16.
In a similar gesture, Google had added a solitary white candle to the US homepage following the tragic news of the school shooting in Newtown, which read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU