Google lights a candle in memory of Delhi braveheart
New Delhi: In a moving gesture, Google India placed a vigil candle below its search box on homepage as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, who succumbed to her injuries at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore at 2.15 am IST on December 29.
On moving the cursor over the candle, the text appears which reads, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Unlike the usual Google doodles seen in place of Google logo, the candle has been placed right below the search box as an honour to the braveheart and her family.
The young physiotherapy intern lost her battle 13 days after she was brutally tortured and raped by six men in a moving bus on December 16.
In a similar gesture, Google had added a solitary white candle to the US homepage following the tragic news of the school shooting in Newtown, which read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'