Google lights a candle in memory of Delhi braveheart
New Delhi: In a moving gesture, Google India placed a vigil candle below its search box on homepage as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, who succumbed to her injuries at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore at 2.15 am IST on December 29.
On moving the cursor over the candle, the text appears which reads, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Unlike the usual Google doodles seen in place of Google logo, the candle has been placed right below the search box as an honour to the braveheart and her family.
The young physiotherapy intern lost her battle 13 days after she was brutally tortured and raped by six men in a moving bus on December 16.
In a similar gesture, Google had added a solitary white candle to the US homepage following the tragic news of the school shooting in Newtown, which read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state