Google lights a candle in memory of Delhi braveheart
New Delhi: In a moving gesture, Google India placed a vigil candle below its search box on homepage as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, who succumbed to her injuries at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore at 2.15 am IST on December 29.
On moving the cursor over the candle, the text appears which reads, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Unlike the usual Google doodles seen in place of Google logo, the candle has been placed right below the search box as an honour to the braveheart and her family.
The young physiotherapy intern lost her battle 13 days after she was brutally tortured and raped by six men in a moving bus on December 16.
In a similar gesture, Google had added a solitary white candle to the US homepage following the tragic news of the school shooting in Newtown, which read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals