Google lights a candle in memory of Delhi braveheart
New Delhi: In a moving gesture, Google India placed a vigil candle below its search box on homepage as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, who succumbed to her injuries at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore at 2.15 am IST on December 29.
On moving the cursor over the candle, the text appears which reads, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Unlike the usual Google doodles seen in place of Google logo, the candle has been placed right below the search box as an honour to the braveheart and her family.
The young physiotherapy intern lost her battle 13 days after she was brutally tortured and raped by six men in a moving bus on December 16.
In a similar gesture, Google had added a solitary white candle to the US homepage following the tragic news of the school shooting in Newtown, which read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray