Google likely to launch Android-based `Nexus TV`
Washington: Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.
Sources said that the device which will stream videos from service like Netflix and Hulu will be ready for the launch by the first half of 2014.
According to The Verge, speculations about the Google-made Android set top box started cropping up in July this year, when sources said that the box included a Kinect-like motion sensor and could be controlled with an Android smartphone.
The recent speculations point to a purpose-built touchpad remote could be included with the set-top box.
The report said that the device will not support live broadcast, and with an Android-based set top box, Google would be pursuing a similar strategy as Amazon , which is rumored to have a set-top box of its own set for next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list