Google likely to launch Android-based `Nexus TV`
Washington: Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.
Sources said that the device which will stream videos from service like Netflix and Hulu will be ready for the launch by the first half of 2014.
According to The Verge, speculations about the Google-made Android set top box started cropping up in July this year, when sources said that the box included a Kinect-like motion sensor and could be controlled with an Android smartphone.
The recent speculations point to a purpose-built touchpad remote could be included with the set-top box.
The report said that the device will not support live broadcast, and with an Android-based set top box, Google would be pursuing a similar strategy as Amazon , which is rumored to have a set-top box of its own set for next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times