Google likely to launch YouTube music subscription service by year end
Washington: Google is reportedly speculated to launch a music subscription service for YouTube before the year`s end.
The service is rumoured to be a lot like Spotify, but will be inclusive of videos, and like Pandora, will have both a free version and a paid premium version, allowing users unlimited access to albums and artists.
According to Cnet, it is speculated that the users opting for unlimited access will also get ad-free music along with offline storage.
Earlier, it was rumoured that the search giant was planning to launch the same service this past summer.
The service is expected to cost users about 10 dollars per month and will be compatible with many of Google`s other products and services, such as Google Glass.
The report said that in March, Google was said to have made a deal with Warner Music Group that gives Google rights for two services it`s said to be working on, one that`s part of Google`s Android music platform, Google Play, and the other for YouTube.
YouTube boasts of 1 billion unique monthly users and is considered the largest music service in existence that makes money via ads.
Google spokesperson did not comment about the latest speculation but revealed that the company is working on new and better ways for people to enjoy YouTube content across all screens, and on giving partners more opportunities to reach their fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds