Google makes driverless car without steering wheel, brake-pedal: Report
Washington: Google has reportedly made a driverless car, without steering wheel or brake pedals, which is driven entirely by variety of on-board computers and sensors.
Google said that the program is currently in a prototype phase and they will make nearly 100 cars like this for testing purpose.
Google`s goal with the self-driving car program has been to develop vehicles that are safer than the ones driven by humans. Nearly 1.2 million People die from auto accidents every year, and Google believes it can trim the number by 90 percent using `auto driving vehicles`, The Verge reported.
However, Google did not reveal their partners on the project, and said that a lot of work is to be done on the vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days