Google makes redesigned Maps embeddable in websites
Washington: Google has reportedly made its redesigned Maps embeddable in websites.
The search giant has added a feature for users to embed maps featuring the overhauled design that it debuted back in May.
According to a website, the new Google Maps were apt for searching and browsing when it was first launched in beta, but missed a number of features and easy shortcuts that have since been added in.
The embedded versions of the new Google Maps will largely function similar as the full website and will remember past searches and display ads.
Google said that it will be soon rolling out the ads feature, based on the past location searches and interests and show them in different colour.
The report added that the existing map embeds will still display in the old Maps style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities