Google makes redesigned Maps embeddable in websites
Washington: Google has reportedly made its redesigned Maps embeddable in websites.
The search giant has added a feature for users to embed maps featuring the overhauled design that it debuted back in May.
According to a website, the new Google Maps were apt for searching and browsing when it was first launched in beta, but missed a number of features and easy shortcuts that have since been added in.
The embedded versions of the new Google Maps will largely function similar as the full website and will remember past searches and display ads.
Google said that it will be soon rolling out the ads feature, based on the past location searches and interests and show them in different colour.
The report added that the existing map embeds will still display in the old Maps style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city