Google makes redesigned Maps embeddable in websites
Washington: Google has reportedly made its redesigned Maps embeddable in websites.
The search giant has added a feature for users to embed maps featuring the overhauled design that it debuted back in May.
According to a website, the new Google Maps were apt for searching and browsing when it was first launched in beta, but missed a number of features and easy shortcuts that have since been added in.
The embedded versions of the new Google Maps will largely function similar as the full website and will remember past searches and display ads.
Google said that it will be soon rolling out the ads feature, based on the past location searches and interests and show them in different colour.
The report added that the existing map embeds will still display in the old Maps style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'