Google Maps adds view from Mt Everest
Washington: Now people can easily climb the world`s most famous mountains, like Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mt. Everest and Aconcagua in South America with the help of Google Maps.
Having increasingly taken Street View off-road in recent times, Google`s new Maps update takes the interactive project to dizzying new heights.
Up for viewing are four of the world`s tallest (and most dangerous) peaks, including the Everest Base Camp in the Himalayas (17,598 feet), Mount Elbrus in Russia (18,510 feet), Aconcagua in Argentina (22,841 feet) and even a volcano, the dormant Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania (19,341 feet).
According to a news website, the photography wasn`t gathered by professional mountaineers but some of Google`s enterprising own employees.
Dan Fredinburg, a Google engineer and leader of the expedition team said that with Google Maps `you can instantly transport yourself to the top of these peaks and enjoy the sights without all of the avalanches, rock slides, crevasses, and dangers from altitude and weather that mountaineers face.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples