Google Maps adds view from Mt Everest
Washington: Now people can easily climb the world`s most famous mountains, like Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mt. Everest and Aconcagua in South America with the help of Google Maps.
Having increasingly taken Street View off-road in recent times, Google`s new Maps update takes the interactive project to dizzying new heights.
Up for viewing are four of the world`s tallest (and most dangerous) peaks, including the Everest Base Camp in the Himalayas (17,598 feet), Mount Elbrus in Russia (18,510 feet), Aconcagua in Argentina (22,841 feet) and even a volcano, the dormant Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania (19,341 feet).
According to a news website, the photography wasn`t gathered by professional mountaineers but some of Google`s enterprising own employees.
Dan Fredinburg, a Google engineer and leader of the expedition team said that with Google Maps `you can instantly transport yourself to the top of these peaks and enjoy the sights without all of the avalanches, rock slides, crevasses, and dangers from altitude and weather that mountaineers face.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened