Google Maps taking viewers inside shops
San Francisco: Google`s free online map service is letting shops, gyms, restaurants and other small businesses provide viewers glimpses of what lies behind facades seen on Street View.
A test program launched in April of last year was bearing fruit in a growing array of panoramic images taken inside businesses that volunteered to be part of the project.
"We`ve been seeing renewed interest in the past few days because, as promised, we`re getting more imagery online," Google spokeswoman Deanna Yick said yesterday.
"The 360-degree views are really visually engaging, so we`re glad users are excited," she continued.
Small businesses in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States have been able to invite Street View photographers into their shops or eateries to capture images
then served up with Google online maps.
"With this immersive imagery, potential customers can easily imagine themselves at the business and decide if they want to visit in person," Google Maps product manager Gadi Royz said in a blog post early this year.
Google is blurring faces of bystanders in pictures toallay privacy concerns that have arisen with Street View, which lets people click spots on online maps to see
recently-taken images of locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?