Google Maps update adds third party transit service, offline viewing feature
Washington: Google maps` update adds tweaks to navigation, offline maps, and the option to grab an Uber cab.
This is the first time Google has provided users a third-party option of public transit.
According to PC World, the update lets users with Uber app to use the service as a transportation option right from the Map application.
Users are provided with `Get an Uber` option, as they search for directions and tapping on this option will take users out of Maps and into the official Uber application to order a ride to the set destination.
Another highlight of the update is `offline maps` that allow users to save a certain map for offline viewing.
However, offline maps are not available in every area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC