Google may launch `Gem` smartwatch later this month
Washington: Search engine giant Google may reportedly launch a smartwatch called Gem later this month to coincide with the release of its Android 4.4 Kit Kat.
According to the popular Android website, Android Police, the watch is a part of the Nexus brand and will reportedly be announced on October 31 this year, despite Google Glass yet to make its appearance on the market.
The Fox News reports that few months ago, Google had published a smartwatch patent, which detailed a watch with a user interface similar to Google Glass and featuring two touchpads on its wristband that can understand gestures such as pinching or stretching, just like Glass` single pad.
The report mentioned that the Gem would join the likes of Apple`s and Microsoft-LG`s rumoured iWatch and wrist-worn gadgets respectively, with Samsung just launching its Galaxy Gear smartwatch that is designed to work with its Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1, which is set to be released next year.
According to a recent study, more than 373 million smartwatches will ship by 2020 compared to the 15 million projected for 2014, which suggests that the watch could soon become a major part of the mobile market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested