Google may show ads on refrigerators, car dashboards
Zee Media Bureau
San Francisco: In a move to expand its ever growing revenue, Internet search giant Google is reportedly planning to add advertisements on consumer devices such as refrigerators, glasses, watches, car dashboards and even thermostats.
The US-based company, in a latest filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC),
revealed its plan.
“Our expectation is that users will be using our services and viewing our ads on an increasingly wide diversity of devices in the future,” the company officials were quoted as saying in Wall Street Journal.
As users increasingly view ads and make purchase decisions on and across multiple devices, the company`s view of revenue is similarly device-agnostic.
The tech-giant is already acting to expand its dominion in line with the filing.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14