Google mulling internet providing balloon towers: Report
Washington: Google is mulling Project Loon, which aims at launching large network of towers in the sky that will receive internet access from antennas on the ground and beam down to rural areas.
The highly ambitious project can solve the problem of internet availability in rural areas where otherwise it is hard to set-up internet facilities.
However, the project will be very challenging for Google, but the team says it hopes to have a functioning service online by summer 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax