Google mulling internet providing balloon towers: Report
Washington: Google is mulling Project Loon, which aims at launching large network of towers in the sky that will receive internet access from antennas on the ground and beam down to rural areas.
The highly ambitious project can solve the problem of internet availability in rural areas where otherwise it is hard to set-up internet facilities.
However, the project will be very challenging for Google, but the team says it hopes to have a functioning service online by summer 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen