Google mulling internet providing balloon towers: Report
Washington: Google is mulling Project Loon, which aims at launching large network of towers in the sky that will receive internet access from antennas on the ground and beam down to rural areas.
The highly ambitious project can solve the problem of internet availability in rural areas where otherwise it is hard to set-up internet facilities.
However, the project will be very challenging for Google, but the team says it hopes to have a functioning service online by summer 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami