Google mulls bid for Yahoo!: Report
Washington: US Internet giant Google is mulling a bid for rival Yahoo! and has talked to at least two private-equity firms to consider how the deal would be financed, The Wall Street Journal reported today.
"Google and prospective partners have held early-stage discussions but haven`t put together a formal proposal," the newspaper said, citing an unnamed source familiar with the matter.
The report, however, stated that Google might end up notpursuing a bid for Yahoo!, once seen as the Internet`s leading light but which has struggled to build a strongly profitable,
growing business out of its global web presence.
Yahoo! has been the subject of massive interest fromother companies since the sacking last month of chief executive Carol Bartz, less than three years after she was
brought in to help turn around the struggling Internet firm.
The chairman of Chinese company Alibaba on Thursday saidhe expected an answer from Yahoo! within weeks to his long-standing offer to buy all or part of the US company, saying delays were hurting both firms.
Several other companies are also rumored to be eyeing Yahoo!, including Microsoft and US private equity firm Silver Lake Partners.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India