Google News revamped to get more personal
San Francisco: Google has overhauled its
news website to tailor pages to individual interests of
"We`re revamping the Google News homepage with several
changes designed to make the news that you see more relevant
to you," software engineer Kevin Stolt said in a blog post
"We`re also trying to better highlight interesting
stories you didn`t know existed and to make it easier for you
to share stories through social networks."
The "heart" of the page was "News for you," a stream of
headlines customized based on interests that users specify
when they personalize the service, according to Stolt.
"You can help us get it right by using the `Edit
personalization` box to specify how much you`re interested in
Business, Health, Entertainment, Sports or any subject you
want to add."
People can also specify which news sources they like to
see more or less often.
Google News also features a section showcasing major
breaking stories and another spotlighting feature stories
attracting lasting interest.
The website redesign included making it easy to share
stories with friends using social networking services Facebook
and Twitter along with Google Buzz and Google Reader,
according to Stolt.
Google billed the changes as the biggest overhaul of
Google News since the service launched in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?