Google offers free Wi-Fi in New York`s Chelsea area
London: Internet search giant Google has announced that it will offer a free wireless internet network in the Chelsea area of New York.
Google announced the plans with Charles Schumer, the New York Senator, the Senator`s office said in a statement.
According to the paper, the firm is reportedly part of Google`s attempt to foster a technology community in `Silicon Alley`, the New York rival to California`s Silicon Valley.
The free WiFi would cover part of New York`s Chelsea neighbourhood, the area that includes Google New York headquarters, the paper said.
The move is another step in Google`s experiments with network provision.
It hosts a WiFi network around its California base in Mountain View and has been working on a fibre broadband project in Kansas City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015