Google offers free Wi-Fi in New York`s Chelsea area
London: Internet search giant Google has announced that it will offer a free wireless internet network in the Chelsea area of New York.
Google announced the plans with Charles Schumer, the New York Senator, the Senator`s office said in a statement.
According to the paper, the firm is reportedly part of Google`s attempt to foster a technology community in `Silicon Alley`, the New York rival to California`s Silicon Valley.
The free WiFi would cover part of New York`s Chelsea neighbourhood, the area that includes Google New York headquarters, the paper said.
The move is another step in Google`s experiments with network provision.
It hosts a WiFi network around its California base in Mountain View and has been working on a fibre broadband project in Kansas City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened