Google offers free Wi-Fi in New York`s Chelsea area
London: Internet search giant Google has announced that it will offer a free wireless internet network in the Chelsea area of New York.
Google announced the plans with Charles Schumer, the New York Senator, the Senator`s office said in a statement.
According to the paper, the firm is reportedly part of Google`s attempt to foster a technology community in `Silicon Alley`, the New York rival to California`s Silicon Valley.
The free WiFi would cover part of New York`s Chelsea neighbourhood, the area that includes Google New York headquarters, the paper said.
The move is another step in Google`s experiments with network provision.
It hosts a WiFi network around its California base in Mountain View and has been working on a fibre broadband project in Kansas City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'