Google offers free Wi-Fi in New York`s Chelsea area
London: Internet search giant Google has announced that it will offer a free wireless internet network in the Chelsea area of New York.
Google announced the plans with Charles Schumer, the New York Senator, the Senator`s office said in a statement.
According to the paper, the firm is reportedly part of Google`s attempt to foster a technology community in `Silicon Alley`, the New York rival to California`s Silicon Valley.
The free WiFi would cover part of New York`s Chelsea neighbourhood, the area that includes Google New York headquarters, the paper said.
The move is another step in Google`s experiments with network provision.
It hosts a WiFi network around its California base in Mountain View and has been working on a fibre broadband project in Kansas City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority