Google offers virtual visits to Mexican archaeological sites
Mexico City: Netizens will be able to take virtual strolls through 30 Mexican archaeological sites using Google Mexico`s Street View platform, Mexican cultural authorities said.
The 360-degree virtual view of these archaeological sites, which include Teotihuacan, Xochicalco, Monte Alban, Chichen Itza, Tulum, Palenque, Tula and Paquime, allows them to be explored down to the last corner.
This is the first time a gallery featuring such sites has been uploaded onto Street View, and the purpose of the project is to encourage cultural tourism, Mexico`s National Anthropology and History Institute, or INAH, said in a communique.
The project, dubbed Special Collections Street View, was presented Thursday in Mexico City with the explanation that in the first stage 30 sites will be on view, but by the end of the year Google Mexico hopes to have 81 sites online.
The app will allow cybernauts to make virtual tours on the Internet thanks to the panoramic photographs of each archaeological site.
By means of the Google Earth and Maps platforms, users can travel inside pre-Columbian cities and their surrounding areas.
In 2011 an alliance was established between INAH and Google Mexico for the international display of the nation`s cultural riches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan