Google+ online traffic spurts 1269% in a week
London: Search giant Google`s social networking site has reached a new high as the number of visitors to the site has grown by 1,269 percent.
According to web traffic tracking firm Experian Hitwise, number of visitors to Google+ has increased rapidly since the site invited users to join without an invite from a friend.
"Opening access created a massive spike in market share of visits for the site, with a 1269 per cent growth from the week ending September 17 to the week of September 24," Director of Research at Hitwise, Heather Dougherty, was quoted as saying.
"In just one week, Google+ went from ranking as 54th most visited site in our Social Networking and Forums category to eighth place," Dougherty added.
According to the report, Google+ still has a long way to go before it gets close Facebook`s 1,758,098,904 visits compared to its 14,977,469 visitors.
However, if the site continues to grow at this rate it is expected to quickly overtake some other social networking sites like MySpace and LinkedIn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre