Google patents ad tech linking online ads to discounted taxi rides
London: Google has reportedly patented a method of linking online ads to free or discounted taxi rides to the advertising restaurant, shop and entertainment venue.
Gregory Roekens, chief technology officer at advertising company AMV BBDO said that it is an attempt to turn advertising into a utility and remove barriers for consumers.
According to experts, this service could generate more interest among customers when it comes to location based special offers.
Algorithms would work out the customer`s location, the best route and form of transport, Google dvertisers will mine huge databases recording people`s habits, likes and preferences so that ads can be highly targeted.
Google plans to retrieve information on customer`s location, the best route and form of transport and record people`s habits and preferences and combine it with location data collected from wi-fi, cellular and GPS tracking, to help businesses come up with special offers and ads conducive to the needs of the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state