Google patents ad tech linking online ads to discounted taxi rides
London: Google has reportedly patented a method of linking online ads to free or discounted taxi rides to the advertising restaurant, shop and entertainment venue.
Gregory Roekens, chief technology officer at advertising company AMV BBDO said that it is an attempt to turn advertising into a utility and remove barriers for consumers.
According to experts, this service could generate more interest among customers when it comes to location based special offers.
Algorithms would work out the customer`s location, the best route and form of transport, Google dvertisers will mine huge databases recording people`s habits, likes and preferences so that ads can be highly targeted.
Google plans to retrieve information on customer`s location, the best route and form of transport and record people`s habits and preferences and combine it with location data collected from wi-fi, cellular and GPS tracking, to help businesses come up with special offers and ads conducive to the needs of the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed