Google patents ad tech linking online ads to discounted taxi rides
London: Google has reportedly patented a method of linking online ads to free or discounted taxi rides to the advertising restaurant, shop and entertainment venue.
Gregory Roekens, chief technology officer at advertising company AMV BBDO said that it is an attempt to turn advertising into a utility and remove barriers for consumers.
According to experts, this service could generate more interest among customers when it comes to location based special offers.
Algorithms would work out the customer`s location, the best route and form of transport, Google dvertisers will mine huge databases recording people`s habits, likes and preferences so that ads can be highly targeted.
Google plans to retrieve information on customer`s location, the best route and form of transport and record people`s habits and preferences and combine it with location data collected from wi-fi, cellular and GPS tracking, to help businesses come up with special offers and ads conducive to the needs of the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive