Google planning to enter domain-registration market
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: It seems that the internet search giant Google is now interested in its own domain registration services. The Internet giant had launched its project dubbed as `Google Domains` on Monday.
The service `Google Domains` is still in the testing phase. It will offer services such as buying customised URLs, free private registration and email forwarding. The service will also provide support for up to 100 sub-domains. But, it is to be noted that Google will not provide the actual site hosting.
As per Google, the test version of the service can be availed by invitation only and the cost is just $12 a year.
Google`s entry into the domain-registration market is certainly a threat to GoDaddy, the world`s leading domain registration company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption