Google planning to enter domain-registration market
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: It seems that the internet search giant Google is now interested in its own domain registration services. The Internet giant had launched its project dubbed as `Google Domains` on Monday.
The service `Google Domains` is still in the testing phase. It will offer services such as buying customised URLs, free private registration and email forwarding. The service will also provide support for up to 100 sub-domains. But, it is to be noted that Google will not provide the actual site hosting.
As per Google, the test version of the service can be availed by invitation only and the cost is just $12 a year.
Google`s entry into the domain-registration market is certainly a threat to GoDaddy, the world`s leading domain registration company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre