Google planning to enter domain-registration market
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: It seems that the internet search giant Google is now interested in its own domain registration services. The Internet giant had launched its project dubbed as `Google Domains` on Monday.
The service `Google Domains` is still in the testing phase. It will offer services such as buying customised URLs, free private registration and email forwarding. The service will also provide support for up to 100 sub-domains. But, it is to be noted that Google will not provide the actual site hosting.
As per Google, the test version of the service can be availed by invitation only and the cost is just $12 a year.
Google`s entry into the domain-registration market is certainly a threat to GoDaddy, the world`s leading domain registration company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider