Google Plus user base crosses 90 million mark
New York: Google`s online social networking service `Google Plus` has crossed 90 million users mark since its launch in June.
Google Plus now has attracted 90 million users, reflecting the huge interest in the social networking site which was opened to the public on September 20. That more than doubles the 40 million that Google reported in October.
Earlier, Google Plus service was available only through invitation as part of trial runs.
Interestingly, rival Facebook took about four years to reach 90 million users. Facebook, founded in 2004, has now 800 million users globally.
"I am super excited about the growth of ... Google Plus, which now has 90 million users globally ? wellover double what I announced just three months ago. By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google Plus we will create amazing xperiences across our services," Google CEO Larry.
Page said while announcing the company`s latest quarterly earnings.
Google unveiled `Google Plus` in late June as part of efforts to garner a share of the lucrative social networking space that has so far been dominated by Mark Zuckerberg?led
Since launch, Google has added toolbars and other buttons on its websites to aggressively promote the service.
During the quarter, Google has reported a net income to USD 2.71 billion in for October-December, which analysts termed as below market expectation.
It registered revenue of USD 10.58 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, an increase of 25 per cent from the year-ago period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?