`Google prepared to quit China over censor feud`
Washington: A top Google executive
reaffirmed Thursday that the Internet giant is prepared to leave
China if Beijing says it must censor Web searches or quit the
"Google is firm in its decision that it will stop
censoring our search results for China," Google vice president
and deputy general counsel Nicole Wong told a key US House of
The company is mindful that it has "hundreds of employees
on the ground" and understands "the seriousness or the
sensitivity" of its decision but "we will stop censoring"
search results in China, she said.
If Beijing`s response is to demand the firm shutter its
Google’s site and close up shop in China, "we are prepared to
do that," Wong told the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
"We are not going to change our decision on not censoring
results anymore," she told lawmakers looking into the
relationship between Internet technology and aiding democratic
activists around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’