Google releases top trending searches in India for 2013
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: Google Inc has released its annual Zeitgeist compilation for 2013.
The German word means ‘spirit of the times’ and the lists reflect the people, places and events that captured the world`s attention.
Google made details of global search trends, along with breakdowns for 72 countries including India.
Bollywood film ‘Chennai Express’ topped the trending list while the Indian Railway ticket booking website IRCTC was the most searched topic in India.
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif were the most searched Bollywood male and female actors while ‘Aashiqui 2’ was the most searched Bollywood film.
Narendra Modi was the most popular politician and also hogged the news events in India.
Users searched the most for Samsung Galaxy S4 in the gadgets list while Sachin Tendulkar and Sunny Leone were the most searched in the people and sportsperson lists.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'