Google releases top trending searches in India for 2013
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: Google Inc has released its annual Zeitgeist compilation for 2013.
The German word means ‘spirit of the times’ and the lists reflect the people, places and events that captured the world`s attention.
Google made details of global search trends, along with breakdowns for 72 countries including India.
Bollywood film ‘Chennai Express’ topped the trending list while the Indian Railway ticket booking website IRCTC was the most searched topic in India.
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif were the most searched Bollywood male and female actors while ‘Aashiqui 2’ was the most searched Bollywood film.
Narendra Modi was the most popular politician and also hogged the news events in India.
Users searched the most for Samsung Galaxy S4 in the gadgets list while Sachin Tendulkar and Sunny Leone were the most searched in the people and sportsperson lists.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!