Google rolls out Street View`s biggest ever update
Washington: While Apple is apologizing for its new flop Maps app service in the latest iPhone, Google is hitting the nail in the coffin as hard as it can, by announcing its plans to release the biggest update ever to its Street View feature.
The Internet search giant has announced that it will release a new update of its map service that would give users a view of what places actually look like from cars dispatched by the firm to photograph everything they pass.
According to ABC news, Google has doubled the number of images in Street View images, adding 250,000 miles of road from around the world.
Listed on Google`s blog are places where they have added more Street View coverage.
Some are in the U.S., but most are abroad, in places like South Africa, Denmark, Japan, and Spain, the report said.
The move come as Apple continues to apologise for its new maps app in iOS 6, and tries to mend the omissions and errors made in it.
Apple introduced the new maps app after replacing Google Maps for the iPhone and iPad.
It was quickly criticized by many users for its lack of certain features, mistaken locations and jumbled images.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning