Google Search goes personalized
Washington: Search engine giant Google goes more personalized with straight answers to questions regarding a user`s flight or courier status.
According to ABC News, once a user types questions like `what is my flight status` right in the search box, the site will now show personalized answers at the top of the page.
Google`s Roya Soleimani said that this feature will help people get quick answers for things they are looking for across their own stuff rather than dig through their email or calendar.
The service, which began rolling out in the US on Wednesday and take two to three days to reach all American users, will work for flight and hotel reservations and purchases by scanning through a user`s inbox and can also give results for questions about the calendar like what are the plans for tomorrow based on pre-fed data.
The users can either type the question in the browser or can ask aloud using Google`s voice search functionality and the results will also specify the source of the information.
The report added that those concerned about privacy or simply do not wish to use the feature can disable it from the Google settings menu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what