Google Search Trends 2012: Kerala beats Taj in popularity
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala, popularly known as `God`s own country`, has edged out Taj Mahal to become India`s topmost travel destination in the Google`s search trends for this year.
Kerala`s famous hill station on the Western Ghats `Munnar` also figures on the list of "Top 10" Indian destinations on Google`s Zeitgeist site showing search trends from around the world.
According to a state tourism department release today, Kerala stood at number position and Taj Mahal at number two followed by Wagah Border, Vaishno Devi shrine and Amarnath temple.
The search trends in the travel category released by Google, showed Munnar at ninth rank, followed by the Mumbai`s Gateway of India.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anil Kumar termed the two listings for Kerala, including the number one spot, as a `great encouragement` for the state.
"Kerala is a leader in online promotional activities in Tourism. We are one of the first government establishments to make use of the Internet to reach out to the world," he said.
"Kerala Tourism is a leader in coming up with innovative ideas. We have also engaged social media networks like Facebook and Twitter for promoting destinations," said Kerala Tourism Secretary Suman Billa.
Kerala Tourism website (www.Keralatourism.Org) attracts over 250,000 unique visitors every month. The Kerala Tourism gets around 6 million views every year on YouTube.
Google`s Zietgeist, which covers all search categories, answers the question of what the world searched for in a particular year.
The trending for the year means search queries with the highest amount of traffic over a sustained period compared to the previous year. Most searched are the search queries with the largest volume of searches.
Zeitgiest also contains highest searched subjects and topics.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’