Google Search Trends 2012: Kerala beats Taj in popularity
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala, popularly known as `God`s own country`, has edged out Taj Mahal to become India`s topmost travel destination in the Google`s search trends for this year.
Kerala`s famous hill station on the Western Ghats `Munnar` also figures on the list of "Top 10" Indian destinations on Google`s Zeitgeist site showing search trends from around the world.
According to a state tourism department release today, Kerala stood at number position and Taj Mahal at number two followed by Wagah Border, Vaishno Devi shrine and Amarnath temple.
The search trends in the travel category released by Google, showed Munnar at ninth rank, followed by the Mumbai`s Gateway of India.
Kerala Tourism Minister A P Anil Kumar termed the two listings for Kerala, including the number one spot, as a `great encouragement` for the state.
"Kerala is a leader in online promotional activities in Tourism. We are one of the first government establishments to make use of the Internet to reach out to the world," he said.
"Kerala Tourism is a leader in coming up with innovative ideas. We have also engaged social media networks like Facebook and Twitter for promoting destinations," said Kerala Tourism Secretary Suman Billa.
Kerala Tourism website (www.Keralatourism.Org) attracts over 250,000 unique visitors every month. The Kerala Tourism gets around 6 million views every year on YouTube.
Google`s Zietgeist, which covers all search categories, answers the question of what the world searched for in a particular year.
The trending for the year means search queries with the highest amount of traffic over a sustained period compared to the previous year. Most searched are the search queries with the largest volume of searches.
Zeitgiest also contains highest searched subjects and topics.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP