Google still top US search engine by a mile
Washington: Search giant Google reportedly continues to be the leader in the US search market by maintaining 66.9 percent of it and handling 12.9 billion searches out of 19.3 billion made in October by the people in the country.
Digital analytics company ComScore released the data on the search market in the US and found that Microsoft came second with 18.1 percent share while Yahoo got 11.1 percent of the market and AOL controlled 1.3 percent.
According to Cnet, the data revealed that Microsoft`s Bing handled 3.5 billion searches and Yahoo saw 2.2 billion out of the 19.3 billion searches made by people in the US in October.
The report said that Yahoo lost its second-place spot to Microsoft`s Bing in December 2011, while a year and a half ago, Yahoo`s search market share was 16 percent, but by September 2012 it was 12 percent, and currently it is 11 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test