Google still top US search engine by a mile
Washington: Search giant Google reportedly continues to be the leader in the US search market by maintaining 66.9 percent of it and handling 12.9 billion searches out of 19.3 billion made in October by the people in the country.
Digital analytics company ComScore released the data on the search market in the US and found that Microsoft came second with 18.1 percent share while Yahoo got 11.1 percent of the market and AOL controlled 1.3 percent.
According to Cnet, the data revealed that Microsoft`s Bing handled 3.5 billion searches and Yahoo saw 2.2 billion out of the 19.3 billion searches made by people in the US in October.
The report said that Yahoo lost its second-place spot to Microsoft`s Bing in December 2011, while a year and a half ago, Yahoo`s search market share was 16 percent, but by September 2012 it was 12 percent, and currently it is 11 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?