Google Street View`s `pavement birth` image fake
London: The alleged birth on a pavement in Germany captured by Google Street View has been deleted from the site after the image was exposed as fake.
The image purportedly taken this week showed a woman lying on a sidewalk in the Berlin suburb of Wilmersdorf, seemingly having just given birth as another person holds up what looks like a newborn.
However, a glance at Google Street View on Wednesday morning showed no such image, reports the Daily Mail.
No one has so far admitted taking part in the stunt, which is believed to be the work of German artists.
The aggregator site Reddit, which was the first to post the picture, admitted it had been Photoshopped, while German publisher Bild also insisted it was a fake.
Earlier this year, a German art group made their own Street View car and drove it round the streets of Berlin, claiming they were tracking it with a GPS system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'