Google Street View`s `pavement birth` image fake
London: The alleged birth on a pavement in Germany captured by Google Street View has been deleted from the site after the image was exposed as fake.
The image purportedly taken this week showed a woman lying on a sidewalk in the Berlin suburb of Wilmersdorf, seemingly having just given birth as another person holds up what looks like a newborn.
However, a glance at Google Street View on Wednesday morning showed no such image, reports the Daily Mail.
No one has so far admitted taking part in the stunt, which is believed to be the work of German artists.
The aggregator site Reddit, which was the first to post the picture, admitted it had been Photoshopped, while German publisher Bild also insisted it was a fake.
Earlier this year, a German art group made their own Street View car and drove it round the streets of Berlin, claiming they were tracking it with a GPS system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof