Google Talk back in service after massive outage
New Delhi: Google’s instant messaging service, popularly known as GTalk, has been restored after suffering a massive global outage lasting over four hours on Thursday.
Many users said that Google Talk was working again. The company also confirmed the same.
According to Google, the service was restored around 8.25 pm. "Google Talk service has already been restored for some users, and we expect a resolution for all users in the near future. Please note this time frame is an estimate and may change," the company said.
However, Google did not clarify what caused the outage and how many users were affected by it.
At 4:10 pm Google posted on its App Status page for GTalk: "We`re investigating reports of an issue with Google Talk. We will provide more information shortly."
Another update 10 minutes later said, "We`re aware of a problem with Google Talk affecting a majority of users. The affected users are able to access Google Talk, but are seeing error messages and/or other unexpected behaviour. We will provide an update by 7/26/12 5:20 pm detailing when we expect to resolve the problem. Please note that this resolution time is an estimate and may change."
And one more update 5:20 pm went like this – “Google is still working to resolve the issue.” We are continuing to investigate this issue. We will provide an update by 7/26/12 6:20 pm detailing when we expect to resolve the problem," said a post on the Google Talk App Status page.
Then an update 6:20 pm said - "Our team is continuing to investigate this issue. We will provide an update by 7/26/12 7:20 pm with more information about this problem. Thank you for your patience."
The outage was first reported by users on Twitter, a social networking website. "Google talk being down is massively annoying! You don`t realise how much you take it for granted," Pete Gould, a Twitter user had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble