Google tests search page appearance with bigger fonts sans underlined links
Washington: Google has reportedly changed the way its search results page looks in a new experiment that shows larger fonts and the ads links are no longer shown with yellow background.
The large `bucket` test currently underway has also got rid of the underlined search result links.
According to a website, ad links are now simply flagged with a small yellow label that says ` Ads,` a feature that had been originally introduced on tablet and mobile, before being tested on the desktop.
Google`s experimental runs are to determine whether or not a change is either financially viable, benefits its user base, or, in the best case, both.
Some users were able to see both the current design and the new design when they switch between browsers.
The report said that the changes to the search result look could be seen as an extension of a broader series of changes already in the works, which are meant to better unify the desktop and mobile experience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet