Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
Washington: Google has gathered images of the beauty and biological diversity of the Galapagos Islands for use on its Street View.
The search engine sent trekkers with 42lbs backpacks containing cameras mounted on towers to wander and click pictures of forgotten island.
According to the Mirror, divers also got 360 degree views of underwater areas around the islands that sparked Charles Darwin `s theory of evolution.
The website is processing the footage and will be uploaded by later this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!