Google to bring Hawaii tour on computer
Washington: Google Inc. is about to lend its backpack cameras to a Hawaii trail guide company for capturing panoramic views of the beautiful island for Google maps.
The Street View project manager, Evan Rapoport, said that the magical places in Hawaii need to be reached on foot, CBS News reported.
This would be the first time that another party will click the images for Google.
Rapoport said that Google is ready to offer the technology to other organizations around the world who want to sign up for similar partnerships.
He further said that groups like tourism boards, government agencies, universities and nonprofit organizations can approach the company to use the device.
The manager explained that Google Maps would become more interesting if people who know a given place take the Street View images.
The images, which would be taken by ` Hawaii Forest n` Trail guides`, are expected to be online by the end of the year or early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city