Google to bring Hawaii tour on computer
Washington: Google Inc. is about to lend its backpack cameras to a Hawaii trail guide company for capturing panoramic views of the beautiful island for Google maps.
The Street View project manager, Evan Rapoport, said that the magical places in Hawaii need to be reached on foot, CBS News reported.
This would be the first time that another party will click the images for Google.
Rapoport said that Google is ready to offer the technology to other organizations around the world who want to sign up for similar partnerships.
He further said that groups like tourism boards, government agencies, universities and nonprofit organizations can approach the company to use the device.
The manager explained that Google Maps would become more interesting if people who know a given place take the Street View images.
The images, which would be taken by ` Hawaii Forest n` Trail guides`, are expected to be online by the end of the year or early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers