Google to bring Hawaii tour on computer
Washington: Google Inc. is about to lend its backpack cameras to a Hawaii trail guide company for capturing panoramic views of the beautiful island for Google maps.
The Street View project manager, Evan Rapoport, said that the magical places in Hawaii need to be reached on foot, CBS News reported.
This would be the first time that another party will click the images for Google.
Rapoport said that Google is ready to offer the technology to other organizations around the world who want to sign up for similar partnerships.
He further said that groups like tourism boards, government agencies, universities and nonprofit organizations can approach the company to use the device.
The manager explained that Google Maps would become more interesting if people who know a given place take the Street View images.
The images, which would be taken by ` Hawaii Forest n` Trail guides`, are expected to be online by the end of the year or early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat