Google to bring Hawaii tour on computer
Washington: Google Inc. is about to lend its backpack cameras to a Hawaii trail guide company for capturing panoramic views of the beautiful island for Google maps.
The Street View project manager, Evan Rapoport, said that the magical places in Hawaii need to be reached on foot, CBS News reported.
This would be the first time that another party will click the images for Google.
Rapoport said that Google is ready to offer the technology to other organizations around the world who want to sign up for similar partnerships.
He further said that groups like tourism boards, government agencies, universities and nonprofit organizations can approach the company to use the device.
The manager explained that Google Maps would become more interesting if people who know a given place take the Street View images.
The images, which would be taken by ` Hawaii Forest n` Trail guides`, are expected to be online by the end of the year or early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months