Google to end support for Chrome app launcher
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has decided that it will not provide support for its Chrome app launcher for Windows, Linux and Mac platforms from July this year.
The company has said that all the users of the following platforms prefer to launch their apps from within Chrome and it is because of this reason that the company decided to discontinue the app launcher.
“With Chrome’s continued emphasis on simplicity and streamlining browser features, the launcher will be removed from those platforms. It will remain unchanged on Chrome OS,” Google said. It added that the removal process will take place over next few months.
Users with the launcher will get a notification informing about the removal. ” In July, existing instances of the launcher will be removed,” Google said in a blog post. Users will however still be able to access Chrome apps by clicking apps shortcut in the bookmarks bar or through chrome://apps in the omnibox.
Earlier, Google had also announced that it would stop supporting the Chrome Web browser on older operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, and lower versions after April.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing