Google to end support for Chrome app launcher
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has decided that it will not provide support for its Chrome app launcher for Windows, Linux and Mac platforms from July this year.
The company has said that all the users of the following platforms prefer to launch their apps from within Chrome and it is because of this reason that the company decided to discontinue the app launcher.
“With Chrome’s continued emphasis on simplicity and streamlining browser features, the launcher will be removed from those platforms. It will remain unchanged on Chrome OS,” Google said. It added that the removal process will take place over next few months.
Users with the launcher will get a notification informing about the removal. ” In July, existing instances of the launcher will be removed,” Google said in a blog post. Users will however still be able to access Chrome apps by clicking apps shortcut in the bookmarks bar or through chrome://apps in the omnibox.
Earlier, Google had also announced that it would stop supporting the Chrome Web browser on older operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, and lower versions after April.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next