Google to pay Apple $ 1 bn to remain iOS default search engine
Sydney: Google will pay Apple one billion dollars next year to keep its position as the default search engine in iOS, a report has claimed.
The financial services firm came to the figure in a report titled "The Next Google is Google" after taking a closer look at how Google makes and spends money in the mobile space.
Morgan Stanley analyst Scott Devitt based the figure on the fact that Google and have a deal in place which sees Apple reap a certain amount of money per device sold with Google.com as the default search engine, the Age reports.
Devitt estimated the cost Google has been paying to Apple per device has been growing year-on-year and that so too has the number of iOS devices Apple has sold.
Because of this, he estimated that Apple would in 2014 be raking in about one billion dollars from Google for the privilege of keeping Google.com as iOS`s default search engine ahead of rivals Bing and Yahoo.
According to the paper, the deal Google has with Apple is similar to one it has with the makers of the Opera and Mozilla web browsers, which both have Google.com as the default search engine.
Morgan Stanley reported the Mozilla Foundation is expected to get 400 million dollars in 2014 in its deal with Google, the paper said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!
- Watch: Beautiful time-lapse video of a night flight from India to China!