Google to pay Apple $ 1 bn to remain iOS default search engine
Sydney: Google will pay Apple one billion dollars next year to keep its position as the default search engine in iOS, a report has claimed.
The financial services firm came to the figure in a report titled "The Next Google is Google" after taking a closer look at how Google makes and spends money in the mobile space.
Morgan Stanley analyst Scott Devitt based the figure on the fact that Google and have a deal in place which sees Apple reap a certain amount of money per device sold with Google.com as the default search engine, the Age reports.
Devitt estimated the cost Google has been paying to Apple per device has been growing year-on-year and that so too has the number of iOS devices Apple has sold.
Because of this, he estimated that Apple would in 2014 be raking in about one billion dollars from Google for the privilege of keeping Google.com as iOS`s default search engine ahead of rivals Bing and Yahoo.
According to the paper, the deal Google has with Apple is similar to one it has with the makers of the Opera and Mozilla web browsers, which both have Google.com as the default search engine.
Morgan Stanley reported the Mozilla Foundation is expected to get 400 million dollars in 2014 in its deal with Google, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31