Google to restore deleted Gmail accounts
Washington: Google said that it expects to fully restore the Gmail accounts of users who saw their emails deleted from their inboxes over the weekend.
"We hope to have everybody back by the end of the day," said Andrew Kovacs, a Google spokesman. "It is our expectation that we will restore all accounts."
Google said less than 0.02 percent of the users of the free Web-based email service had been affected by the problem, fewer than previously reported.
Google had said earlier the problem affected 0.08 percent of Gmail users. Google does not release official figures for the total number of Gmail users but they are estimated to number around 200 million.
Gmail disruptions, while rare, are seen by some industry analysts as a setback to the Mountain View, California-based Google`s efforts to promote Gmail and other Web-based services to businesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison