Google tops ten US tech firms in spending $61mn lobbying Washington
Washington: Google has yet again topped amongst the ten largest US technology companies in collectively spending more than 61 million dollars lobbying Washington in 2013, a report revealed.
Consumer Watchdog filed an analysis of records showing that firms, including Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook, used the money in attempts to guide the government`s hand on issues such as privacy, data security, and advertising, the Verge reports.
According to the report, 2013 saw an increase of 16 percent in the collective expenditure than previous year.
Google`s lobbying costs looked to be trending upwards at the end of 2013, after a decrease in relative third quarter spending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic