Google tops ten US tech firms in spending $61mn lobbying Washington
Washington: Google has yet again topped amongst the ten largest US technology companies in collectively spending more than 61 million dollars lobbying Washington in 2013, a report revealed.
Consumer Watchdog filed an analysis of records showing that firms, including Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook, used the money in attempts to guide the government`s hand on issues such as privacy, data security, and advertising, the Verge reports.
According to the report, 2013 saw an increase of 16 percent in the collective expenditure than previous year.
Google`s lobbying costs looked to be trending upwards at the end of 2013, after a decrease in relative third quarter spending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video