Google unveils `talking shoe`
Washington: Developing Google Glass was not enough for the Internet firm, the tech giant has now unveiled a pair of talking shoes.
But that does not mean the search giant is planning to get into the sneaker or footwear business.
The experiment was designed to highlight its new advertising platform called Art, Copy and Code.
Google took a few pairs of Adidas sneakers and crammed in a small computer, an accelerometer, a pressure sensor, a gyroscope, speaker and Bluetooth.
The shoe can tell what you are or aren`t doing and can then relay that information to your phone via Bluetooth or to you via the speaker in the top tongue of the shoe.
Aman Govil, lead of the advertising arts team, told ABC News that the `Talking shoe` is an experiment in how one can use connected objects to tell stories on the Web.
If one puts what the shoe knows through an algorithmic logic engine, it can translate it into copy, Govil explained.
Now if that copy is given to an interesting copy writer, one could give the shoe personality. One shoe could be the trash- talking shoe, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement