Google unveils `talking shoe`
Washington: Developing Google Glass was not enough for the Internet firm, the tech giant has now unveiled a pair of talking shoes.
But that does not mean the search giant is planning to get into the sneaker or footwear business.
The experiment was designed to highlight its new advertising platform called Art, Copy and Code.
Google took a few pairs of Adidas sneakers and crammed in a small computer, an accelerometer, a pressure sensor, a gyroscope, speaker and Bluetooth.
The shoe can tell what you are or aren`t doing and can then relay that information to your phone via Bluetooth or to you via the speaker in the top tongue of the shoe.
Aman Govil, lead of the advertising arts team, told ABC News that the `Talking shoe` is an experiment in how one can use connected objects to tell stories on the Web.
If one puts what the shoe knows through an algorithmic logic engine, it can translate it into copy, Govil explained.
Now if that copy is given to an interesting copy writer, one could give the shoe personality. One shoe could be the trash- talking shoe, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof