Google unveils `talking shoe`
Washington: Developing Google Glass was not enough for the Internet firm, the tech giant has now unveiled a pair of talking shoes.
But that does not mean the search giant is planning to get into the sneaker or footwear business.
The experiment was designed to highlight its new advertising platform called Art, Copy and Code.
Google took a few pairs of Adidas sneakers and crammed in a small computer, an accelerometer, a pressure sensor, a gyroscope, speaker and Bluetooth.
The shoe can tell what you are or aren`t doing and can then relay that information to your phone via Bluetooth or to you via the speaker in the top tongue of the shoe.
Aman Govil, lead of the advertising arts team, told ABC News that the `Talking shoe` is an experiment in how one can use connected objects to tell stories on the Web.
If one puts what the shoe knows through an algorithmic logic engine, it can translate it into copy, Govil explained.
Now if that copy is given to an interesting copy writer, one could give the shoe personality. One shoe could be the trash- talking shoe, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city