Google updates Chrome for Windows 8 with OS-like function
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its Chrome for Windows 8 with features that essentially converts the browser app into a Chrome OS.
The updated Chrome app brings a new user interface that allows for creating multiple browser windows and arranging them using a snap in right or left of the display.
According to The Verge, the new mode, called `Metro`, also consists of shelf with easier access to Gmail, Google, Docs, and YouTube.
Google has redesigned Chrome to work well with the touch-friendly Windows 8 OS, which has been primarily developed to cater tablet users.
The Chrome `Metro` mode presents the keyboard automatically, and also includes the ability to navigate and resize windows within the Chrome OS-like environment.
The redesigned mode provides for a Chrome OS-like environment directly inside of Windows 8 and extends the Google browser to eventually convince users to download more Chrome apps, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi moots revamping CWC, shunting out of 'usual faces'
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win