Google updates Chrome for Windows 8 with OS-like function
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its Chrome for Windows 8 with features that essentially converts the browser app into a Chrome OS.
The updated Chrome app brings a new user interface that allows for creating multiple browser windows and arranging them using a snap in right or left of the display.
According to The Verge, the new mode, called `Metro`, also consists of shelf with easier access to Gmail, Google, Docs, and YouTube.
Google has redesigned Chrome to work well with the touch-friendly Windows 8 OS, which has been primarily developed to cater tablet users.
The Chrome `Metro` mode presents the keyboard automatically, and also includes the ability to navigate and resize windows within the Chrome OS-like environment.
The redesigned mode provides for a Chrome OS-like environment directly inside of Windows 8 and extends the Google browser to eventually convince users to download more Chrome apps, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends