Google updates developer policy to crack down on shady, deceptive ads
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its policy following which new rules have been laid down by the company for app developers in an attempt to crack down on shady and deceptive advertisements.
The company recently introduced changes to the Google Play Developer Program Policy, requiring app developers to display only certain kinds of content.
According to Tech Crunch, the changes put the onus on the developers themselves to make sure that no ad networks or affiliates they`re using for app promotion purposes are engaged in these practices.
The company has reportedly taken the step to ensure cleaner Android apps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees