Google updates developer policy to crack down on shady, deceptive ads
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its policy following which new rules have been laid down by the company for app developers in an attempt to crack down on shady and deceptive advertisements.
The company recently introduced changes to the Google Play Developer Program Policy, requiring app developers to display only certain kinds of content.
According to Tech Crunch, the changes put the onus on the developers themselves to make sure that no ad networks or affiliates they`re using for app promotion purposes are engaged in these practices.
The company has reportedly taken the step to ensure cleaner Android apps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar