Google updates developer policy to crack down on shady, deceptive ads
Washington: Google has reportedly updated its policy following which new rules have been laid down by the company for app developers in an attempt to crack down on shady and deceptive advertisements.
The company recently introduced changes to the Google Play Developer Program Policy, requiring app developers to display only certain kinds of content.
According to Tech Crunch, the changes put the onus on the developers themselves to make sure that no ad networks or affiliates they`re using for app promotion purposes are engaged in these practices.
The company has reportedly taken the step to ensure cleaner Android apps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself