Google updates Maps app for iPhone
Washington: Google has announced its Maps app update for Apple iPhone, making it easier to find places and look up saved friends` addresses.
Google Maps app, which will now include new search icons, can now be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
Now, users will be presented with icons for restaurants, coffee shops, bars and gas stations, which they can tap to search quickly for nearby locations.
In total, there are 13 different types of places users can search by, including hotels, hospitals and ATMs.
The new update also makes it possible for users to look up their friends` addresses by typing their names in the search box, the report said.
If users have saved their friends` addresses in Google Contacts, the app will show them in the search results, it added.
This is the first major update to the Google Maps app since it was released in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire