Google updates Maps app to make travel friendlier
Washington: Google has updated its Maps app specifically for summer travels by including features like live incident reports, and identifying places to eat and visit.
According to the ABC News, the feature which is now made available for Android phones and tablets along with iPhone and iPads offers more traffic data apart from the usual reliable maps showing incident warnings, road closures and construction.
The updated app will also alert users if there immediately becomes a better route to avoid traffic and additionally offers users avoid bad places to eat or stay.
The report said that there is no official confirmation from Google if the update incorporates the data from the recently acquired Map app ` Waze`.
A new feature to the app called `Explore` displays eat, drink, sleep and shop cards showing best locations to do those respective things along with offers and coupons being integrated to it.
The updated app also offers a new five-star rating system that shows how friends have rated those spots, the report added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation